MEDC survival grants available for Macomb County
The State of Michigan has allocated $4.1 million to Macomb County to assist businesses that have experienced a significant financial hardship due to the COVID-19 emergency “Gatherings and Face Mask Order” (“Order”) issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services on December 7, 2020 taking effect on December 9, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. through December 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. and the order taking effect on November 18, 2020 entitled gatherings and face mask order that it rescinded and replaced (collectively, the “Order”).
Click here for more information about the Michigan Small Business Survival Grant Program.
If you have any questions regarding the grant, please contact the MEDC Service Center at (888) 522-0103 (select menu option 1). Hours are 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Monday – Friday and closed for lunch Noon - 1 p.m. During lunch hours, callers may leave a voicemail.
While the state is allowing businesses to apply for up to $15,000 or $20,000, it is up to Macomb County to determine the final grant amount. Final amount will be determined based on the number of applications received and demonstrated need.
Macomb County will be giving priority to brick and mortar businesses in the following industries: restaurants, bars, banquet facilities, gyms, entertainment venues and recreational facilities.
The application period will open at 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 and will close at Noon EST on Friday, January 22, 2021
Business Eligibility Requirements
An eligible business is a for-profit business or nonprofit business that meets the following criteria:
- Had 1-100 employees (including full-time, part-time and owner-employees) on a world-wide basis on November 17, 2020.
- Is in an industry that demonstrates it is affected by the Order.
- Needs working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses or other similar expenses.
- Demonstrates an income loss as a result of the Order as determined by the EDO in which an eligible business is located.
- Is not a live music and entertainment venue that is eligible for funds under PA 257 of 2020 Section 401.