Workplace Safety Grant
The Macomb County CARES for Small Business Program will make up to $10 million available to help local small businesses get reimbursed for Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and Technology purchased between March 16 and Sept. 30, 2020.
The PPE and Technology Reimbursement grant program is targeted to help small businesses throughout Macomb County conduct business in an environment that makes their employees and customers feel safe. Organizations who have received previous MEDC Restart grants or Macomb County Cares Act funding are eligible to apply. If you have used grant dollars to cover the cost of PPE those costs will not be reimbursed.
Applications will be accepted starting September 1, 2020 and the application portal will remain open September 30 or until funds are exhausted.
After the application closes, we will need 4 - 6 weeks for processing.
A complete application must include:
- W9 - signed and dated within the last 12 months W9 (download)
- Learn how to properly fill out a W9
- Macomb County Workplace Safety Affidavit - Signed and dated (download) - This does not need to be notarized. No other affidavit versions will be accepted.
- Submit proof of LARA registration, Macomb County Clerk’s Office registration or a Schedule C tax form
- Eligible receipts, invoices preferred, for reimbursement
- Receipts (Dated March 16 – Sept 30, 2020)
- Please try and scan all receipts and combine into one document before uploading.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this grant, Macomb County businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a physical location in Macomb County (office/building/store front)
- Employ less than 500 employees
- 1 – 49 employees can request 100% reimbursement up to $20,000
- 50 – 500 employees can request up to 50% reimbursement up to $20,000
- Open to for-profit and nonprofit organizations
- Nonprofits must file a 990 with the state to be eligible
- Businesses must have a valid Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business must be registered with LARA or Macomb County Clerk’s Office prior to March 16, 2019, or provide at Schedule C Tax form
- Business must have been in business for at least 12 months
- If a business has multiple locations, they can only apply for reimbursement at one location
- Licensed home-based childcare and adult care facilities
Ineligible for this round of funding includes:
- Those located outside of Macomb County
- Those that do not own, lease, or rent a building/office/store front in Macomb County
- Home-based businesses
- Self-employed or independent contractors (1099 employee)
- National chains or franchises
Examples of eligible reimbursement:
- PPE equipment: hand sanitizer, plexiglass, HVAC UV scrubbers, face shields, masks, disposable menus
- Technology: hardware, software that positions an organization to continue to do business during pandemic conditions - mobile devices, laptop, tablets and software for remote meeting or connections such as Zoom or Webex
Examples of costs that are not eligible for reimbursement:
- Construction costs
- Engineering costs
- Internet connection or wifi/hotspots
- Merchant fees
- Banking transaction costs
- Supplies/equipment previously budgeted for day-to-day operations
Click above to submit a Question
Click Above to Apply