It’s Back and Better Than Ever - MFG Day 2021!
Manufacturing Day, also known as MFG Day, helps showcase the appeal of modern manufacturing careers and encourages thousands of companies and educational institutions around the nation to open their doors to educate students, parents, teachers and community leaders about all the inner workings of the industry. MFG Day also empowers manufacturers to come together to address their collective challenges so they can help their communities and future generations thrive. As part of the Macomb Engage initiatives, the Macomb Intermediate School District (MISD) in conjunction with the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development (MCPED), have begun planning the 8th annual Macomb County Manufacturing Day activities for 2021. MISD and MCPED along with local business partners, will be hosting MFG Week from Monday, September 27 through Friday, October 1, 2021.
While COVID-19 caused last year’s event to be virtual, it also led to innovations in the way we connect. For the 2021 event, we are looking to expand virtual offerings while still encouraging in person tours, if allowable, by both schools and manufacturers
Three Ways To Support MFG Week 2021
IN-PERSON HOST - A company interested in hosting an in-person tour for students are encouraged to do so on Friday, October 1, 2021. This will be facility and school dependent, based on COVID19 protocol. -Cost: indirect
MFG DAY VIDEO - Throughout the week videos will be released highlighting an organization and a specific career. - Cost: $2,500
SPONSORSHIP - Providing support via sponsorship for the event is always welcome. In return for sponsorship, the company’s logo will be featured on the MFG Day website. -Cost: $500-$1,500 recommended
Sign up today! 2021 MFG DAY Commitment Form
MFG Day Video Details
Virtual MFG Day/Week
Featured Careers Videos
- Machine Tool
- Product Design
- Quality Control
*Can be customized as we work with your team
- 3 min ..................... B-Roll w/ company overview
- 3 min ..................... B-Roll w/ career highlight
- 5 min ..................... Personal story of career
- 5 min ..................... Q&A (questions provided)
- 4 min ..................... Postsecondary connection
15-20 minutes in total
- Each video will be approximately 20 minutes in length.
- The prerecorded video will be placed on the MFG Day website for students, teachers, and parents to view throughout the week.
- The video will highlight your company as well as one or more of the careers from the list on page one. The featured career(s)/employee(s) will be the face of the company during your video but you can have others on screen if needed.
- The MFG Week team will work with you to find a time that works best for our team to come on site for filming.
- All videos will be filmed and produced by a professional video production company. You will be able to preview and offer edits to your video before the release date.
- The total cost for video production is $2,500 ($3,800 value).